Years of social inequality have led to a need for a complete overhaul of the workforce. And it’s not just about metrics or how many people are employed, it’s about treating everyone with an equal amount of respect and care when it comes to their expertise and opinion, regardless of looks, race, sexual orientation, or gender. It’s about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
Diversity: If you have a certain number of employees from various backgrounds, you have a “diverse” workforce. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone feels welcomed or valued. Before, it used to be “enough” to have a certain percentage of diverse workers at any given company. But not only were these numbers often not met, it was rarely acted upon as a top initiative. We’re looking to change that.
Equity: In short, it’s about recognizing that we don’t all come from the same place and making sure that everyone, regardless of identity or financial background, has access to grow and develop. This is about ensuring everyone has access to the same opportunities, including the ability to be compensated fairly and equally for performing your job.
Inclusion: To be truly effective, inclusion must be ingrained in the entire workforce. People should be celebrated – not separated – for their differences. For bring their unique ideas, experiences and practices to life, people need to be empowered. Empowerment leads to innovation.
Belonging: A workplace with a culture of belonging allows employees to thrive simply by being themselves. Being afraid of expressing yourself doesn’t foster a sense of creativity and innovation – especially not in the workplace. Creating social connections will strengthen communication and improve everyone’s ability to get work done and enjoy each other’s company.
This site presents an opportunity to educate oneself on the benefits of DEIB, how best to implement it, and how it will change not just the way you work, but the way you view the world.
Articles on Dennis Kennedy
- Dennis Kennedy, Founder, Energy Diversity & Inclusion Council
- In His Quest For Social Justice, Dennis Kennedy Launches New Energy Diversity Council
- Dennis Kennedy Founder of the National Diversity Council: “If I could inspire a movement, it would definitely be providing more opportunities for youth in inner cities to reach their full potential, while focusing on education reform.”
- Barack Obama Touts Tolerance, Inclusion, Texas Barbecue at Dallas Diversity Conference
- The Recipe to Individual Success? Barack Obama says Innovation, Hard Work, and Resilience
- Embracing Diversity - Southwest Airlines Supports Inclusion and Equality at Every Level.
- How to Leverage Generational Diversity
- 'Justice Will Prevail,' Chancellor Tells Campus Diversity Conference
- Hispanic/Latino Summit to Address Pressing Social Issues
- Dennis Kennedy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dennis Kennedy Meets Colin Powell, 2007
- Dennis Kennedy Gives $20,000 To Fund College Scholarships
- Diversity Awareness Council Formed by Professor at UTSA
- Learning Curve
- Speaker at Youth Program
- Dennis Kennedy's Photo Gallery